Technology is creating and shaping our present and our future. For students to become independent, collaborative and self-motivated learners, they need to be skilled in its use and applications in their daily social and working lives. St Pauls Catholic College encourages each student to stretch the boundaries of their individual capabilities. As well as creativity, discussion, research and a strong emphasis is placed on the use of resources and technology to help stimulate independent thinking and to equip our students with 21st century skills, specifically:
- critical thinking
- student-centred learning practice
- working collaboratively
- learning to share in ethical ways
- shared knowledge construction
- problem solving
Year 7 - 10 BYO Chromebook Program
The device in the College is a 'Chromebook' platform. If a device has been purchased for a previous BYOD model and becomes unusable or irreparable, it is expected that a device that meets the current byod model (Chromebook) and specifications is purchased.
- If you are purchasing a new Chromebook, click here for online purchasing options through CEDP using the activation code ceobyod during sign up.
- If you already have a Chromebook a small licensing fee applies to register the device to the network. This can be purchased through the Qkr app.
Year 7 - 10 BYO Chromebook Information
- BYO Chromebook Minimum Requirements and Purchasing Guidelines - for Years 7 - 10 only
Year 11 - 12 BYOD Information
- Purchasing options and Device Minimum Requirements - for Years 11 and 12 only